Waxing is a beautiful avenue for removing hair. You receive smooth, clean results and do not need to be concerned with shaving every day. Usually, a client can go 3-6 weeks in between their appointments. The hair tends to come back less coarse and does not usually itch when growing in. When waxing any part of your body or face, remember to have a substantial amount of growth (legs, underarm, arms, bikini) about ½ an inch long, This will allow for the best and smoothest results. We at THE B Boutique will do the best we can for you to have the most pleasant experience possible. Please note that waxing can cause skin sensitivity for some individuals; we cannot be responsible for how your skin reacts to waxing. We take all the precautions necessary for the best results. The B Boutique uses the highest quality wax for sensitive skin.
Santa Barbara & Isla Vista’s Premier Waxing Salon
Located at the Corner of Anapamu & De La Vina Streets in Santa Barbara, CA (Please Call for Exact Location)
Braving a Brazilian bikini wax
Congratulations!!! You have finally decided to get a Brazilian wax. You are going to love the results of this fantastic service. First, let’s review the basics of this service.
1. What will I feel with a Brazilian wax? I liken it to eating a spice like
wasabi or horseradish. It is a quick, intense rush after first strips are removed, then a short moment of calm. As far as painful? Pain is relative, everyone has a different pain tolerance also every individual has different hair types and skin types.
2. Please make sure your hair is long enough. Roughly ½ an inch or longer. If you have been shaving, let it grow for at least 2 ½ weeks.
3. Be well hydrated. If your pain tolerance is low, you can purchase a 5% lidocaine cream. Apply the cream liberally and don’t rub in all the way. Let it absorb. Also, if you are not allergic, you can take Tylenol or ibuprofen 30-45 minutes before your appointment.
4. Please note that if you are taking Accutane, you can not wax or it will lift your skin, leaving it raw. If you are prone to yeast infections or are on a series of antibiotics, your skin will tend to be a bit sensitive or tender.
5. Aftercare: It is preferable to wear loose clothing made of natural material (cotton). No jacuzzi, sauna, exercise, or laying in the sun directly after your service, doing so may irritate the skin. If irritation occurs, applying tea tree oil topically for a couple of days can help. If you are prone to ingrown hairs, remember to exfoliate gently scrub w/ a loofah or exfoliating gloves and use a salicylic acid wash or use PFB with chromabright.